Bio: Dr. Zheng is a Deputy General Manager in WeBank, China’s very first digital bank. In WeBank, he developed a world-first computational bank-advertising platform, which is in production for inclusive finance. His expertise is on transfer learning, graph learning and federated learning, especially in the context of building large-scale advertising and recommender systems. His work on graph feature engineering is highlighted as IJCAI-ECAI 2018 Early Career Spotlight. His work on deep transfer learning receives the Best Paper Award from ICCSE 2018. He was the Associate Editor of Cognitive Computation. He is an Area Chair in IJCAI 2021, ACML 2020, a Senior PC in IJCAI 2020, AAAI 2020, and Tutorial Chair in IJCAI 2020. He also co-organized the 1st IEEE ICDM Data Mining Contest in 2007, the International Workshop on Localization Technology and Location-based Service at IEEE CPSCom 2013, and the 1st International Workshop on Large Scale Graph Representation Learning and Applications at ICDM 2018. He is an Adjunct Senior Research Scientist at Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), Singapore, and a research affiliate of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2011. He has published over 70 papers, and owned over 20 patents. He is a member of AAAI and ACM.
Research Interests: Graph learning, transfer learning, information extraction, ubiquitous computing, and general machine learning with structured outputs, probabilistic graphical models, etc.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2011.
- B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Science and Technology of China, 2006.
- Intern at Microsoft Advertising (Bellevue, WA, USA), August-November 2010.
- Intern at Microsoft Research Asia (Beijing, China), July-December 2009.
- Guest lectures for CS411 Database Systems on Information Extraction, in UIUC at fall 2013.